STAYING SAFE TOGETHER
As we prepare to reopen our YMCA facilities on May 26th , the YMCA of Greater Dayton is implementing the following safety protocols in an effort to reduce the health risks for members, staff and other visitors to our facility.
WHAT THE Y IS DOING
- Exclusive Times for Older Adults: Through June 30th We have designated 8:00 am to 10:30 am Monday through Friday for only adults age 55 and older.
- Regular Temperature Checks: Both staff and members will receive temperature checks before being allowed to start their work shift or to check in.
- PPE for All Staff: All staff will be required to wear masks and other personal protective equipment.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry.
- Designed for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
- Limiting Capacity to Facilities and Rooms: All areas available to members to use will have reduced capacity to ensure a safer environment and to assist with Social Distancing measures.
- Routine Cleaning and Nightly Sanitation: Staff will be cleaning/disinfecting high touch areas every 30 minutes while our facilities are open to members. Each evening after we close, we will ensure that the facility is sanitized prior to welcoming members back to the Y the next morning.
HOW WE’RE ASKING MEMBERS TO HELP MAINTAIN SAFETY
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Be Ready for Temperature Checks: All members will have their temperature taken prior to check in. We will also ask you five health screening questions when you enter the Y.
- Wash or Sanitize Your Hands Upon Entry: All members will be asked to wash or sanitizer their hands upon entry to our facilities.
- Keep the Kids at Home: We are unable to provide Child Watch service at this time and recommend you not bring children and other family members with you as common area seating will not be available.
- Bring a Towel, a Mask, a Water Bottle and a Workout Mat: Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle, a workout towel and their own exercise mat for Group Exercise Classes. The Y also requests that members bring a mask and wear it whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our member areas will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials before and after each use.